- Business Resources & News – SBA Boston office links, updates, and events
- Coronavirus Relief Options – an overview of SBA programs
- Small Business Resource Center – a comprehensive listing of resources to address the COVID-19 Crisis.
- The Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act (PDF)
- Legal Guidance – The COVID Relief Coalition, a collection of law firms, nonprofits, and governmental agencies in Massachusetts provides help (some pro bono) to small businesses and nonprofits in the greater Boston area to access emergency loans and other sources of relief.
- Tools & Resources for Business – a collection of information presented by the Neponset River Regional Chamber.
- Employee Retention Credit for Employers– A refundable tax credit is equal to 50% of qualified wages paid to employees after March 12, 2020, and before January 1, 2021.
- WorkShare – a Massachusetts program that offers an alternative to layoffs. Employees work reduced hours while collecting unemployment benefits to supplement their lower wages.
- Massachusetts Health Connector – enables small businesses to obtain affordable health and dental insurance for employees.
- Express Bridge Loan Pilot Program – This pilot program enables SBA Express Lenders to deliver expedited SBA-guaranteed financing on an emergency basis for disaster-related purposes to eligible small businesses, while the small businesses apply for and await long-term financing.
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan – program (SBA), up to $2 million to help businesses and nonprofits without other available means of credit meet financial obligations and operating expenses.
- Paycheck Protection Program – a loan program designed to provide a direct incentive for small businesses to keep their workers on payroll by providing each small business a loan up to $10 million for payroll and certain other expenses.
- SBA Debt Relief program – A six-month reprieve on principal and interest payments for small businesses as they overcome the challenges created by the health crisis.
Mentoring & Technical Assistance:
- Center for Women & Enterprise – offers business education, training, and technical assistance to entrepreneurs.
- Service Corps of Retired Executives – (SCORE) offers free, personalized assistance to help you operate your business during the coronavirus crisis. Remote mentoring services are available via phone, email, video and chat. SCORE is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and a resource partner of the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). See SCORE’s Coronavirus SBA Loans and Business Assistance resources.
- Veterans Business Outreach Center – (VBOC) Program provides entrepreneurial development services such as business training, counseling and resource partner referrals to transitioning service members, veterans, National Guard & Reserve members and military spouses interested in starting or growing a small business.
Effective Sunday, March 15, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts banned eating in restaurants, but some are offering take-out service. Residents can support Dedham restaurants by ordering takeout or delivery and purchasing gift cards for future meals.
Please see Dedham Square Circle’s list of independently owned restaurants and businesses operating with modified schedules or service.
Deferral of employment tax deposits and payments – The CARES Act allows employers and self-employed individuals to defer paying their portion of the Social Security taxes incurred from March 27, 2020, through December 31, 2020.