Dedham Public Schools and all elementary and secondary schools statewide are closed until Monday, May 4, per the governor’s emergency order, as updated on March 31.
- The schools have developed Community Resources for Extended School Closure to guide student work at home during the closure.
- DPS Food Services Department is providing free “grab and go” breakfasts and lunches every week day. Food distribution will continue throughout the next three weeks; ALL Dedham children are eligible. “Grab-and-go” meals will be available in a convenient drive-through pick-up format from 8-11:00 AM each day at the Avery School Parking Lot, 336 High St, and the Dedham Housing Authority Resource Center, 92 Veterans Road. Children MUST be present to receive food.
- To support the social-emotional needs of all students during this hiatus from school, DPS Director of Counseling Services Dr. Ashley Dube has compiled a set of protocols. Please see this guide for students and families.
- All counselors/social workers/psychologists will be available to their students at least two hours per day everyday. See contact information for all counselors and clinicians.
- See also Dr. Dube’s comprehensive list of social-emotional support for students of all ages, including:
- Resources for social distancing.
- Resources For Educators and Parents.
- Resources for Young Children.
- Resources for Emotional Well being