- Dedham Police: If in immediate danger, please dial 911. If you or someone you know is affected by domestic or dating violence, please contact the Dedham Police’s non-emergency number, (781) 326-1212.
- DOVE (Domestic Violence Ended), a volunteer-run, 24-hour crisis hotline provides comprehensive support services to victims of domestic and dating violence: women and men, adults and teens. DOVE’s Civilian Advocate Sarah Kinane visits Dedham weekly. You can send mail to her at DOVE, P.O. Box 690267, Quincy, MA 02269. Or, call Sarah’s office at (617) 770-4065 ext. 303, or her cell phone (857) 939-3058.
- Jane Doe Inc., the Massachusetts Coalition Against Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence (JDI), connects organizations and people committed to ending sexual assault and domestic violence.
- REACH Beyond Domestic Violence, a non-profit organization, provides safety, shelter, and support to survivors of abuse while engaging communities to promote healthy relationships and prevent domestic violence. 24/7 Hotline: 800-899-4000.
- SafeLink, a statewide, domestic violence hotline, is free and confidential. Call to be connected with a local sexual assault or domestic violence program, 1-877-785-2020
- Guide to Mental Health Resources for COVID-19 from Massachusetts General Hospital
- William James INTERFACE Referral Service – mental health and wellness referral Helpline available Monday through Friday, 9 am-5 pm, at 888-244-6843 (toll free)
In this time of crisis, many of us are struggling with stress, anxiety, isolation, and trauma, all of which can make maintaining sobriety more challenging than usual. To support the community during this time, the Dedham Organization for Substance Awareness (DOSA) has compiled a list of resources that can be accessed remotely. Please share these resources with friends and neighbors.
Mental Health Resources
- Riverside 24/7 Crisis Line: (781) 769-8674
- Riverside Community Care telehealth services – To get started, contact the Riverside Outpatient Center at (781) 329-0909
- William James INTERFACE (888) 244-6843 (toll free) – INTERFACE is a mental health and wellness referral helpline available Monday through Friday, 9 am-5 pm
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
Pause A While Daily Conference Call AA Meetings @ 2 PM. (425) 436-6360, Access Code 422932#
- AA Grapevine – has made its newsletter publicly accessible via the Internet
- Online Intergroup by Alcoholics Anonymous – online support
- Alcoholics Anonymous Boston – information about local meetings
- In the Rooms – free online addiction support
- Learn 2 Cope – to support families impacted by a loved one’s substance use disorders. Zoom meetings every Wednesday from 7-8:30
- Recovery Dharma – Using Buddhist practices to address addiction
- Smart Recovery – SMART stands for Self-Management and Recovery Training and is a global community of mutual-support groups.
- Connect2Care at Riverside Community Care – recovery coaches for MassHealth members
- Lion Rock Recovery – a telehealth recovery company is offering free COVID anxiety support group meetings.
Need help navigating these resources? Two Dedham residents have offered their numbers to provide any help for those navigating sobriety resources. Both individuals are Dedham residents and not clinicians. If you need urgent mental health support, please call the Riverside crisis line.
You can contact Fred at (781) 801-4372
You can contact Joyce at (617) 538-7663