Updates about Town Services
Service updates from all departments will be posted on this site and updated regularly. See also: Health Updates, Town Services A to Z, and Quarantine Guides. Last updated at 4:15 p.m. on Wednesday, April 1.
The Select Board and Town Manager, working with many other boards, committees, Town departments, and staff, are doing everything in our power to keep our residents safe, healthy and supported at this time. Below is a summary of all town and community services.
CLOSED: Public Buildings, Facilities, Playing Fields, Basketball Courts
Until Monday, May 4, these public areas are closed:
- Town buildings and facilities.
- Playgrounds, playing fields, basketball courts. (Please note )
- Senior Center. (Council on Aging staff are available to help by phone. See below.)
Town Hall is closed to the public, but staff members are working on site and remotely. We will strive to respond to queries in a timely manner. How to reach us:
- Contact Town staff directly by phone and email,
- If you’re not sure who to contact, please see the list of Town departments, or
- Call the Town Manager’s call center, (781) 751-9100, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on weekdays.
Dedham Public Library branches are closed until further notice. Please do not return borrowed items or leave book donations at the libraries at this time. You can contact staff by email or visit their new online catalog with e-books, videos, and other resources for people of all ages.
Although the Senior Center is closed, seniors can call Council on Aging staff to arrange rides for shopping or medical appointments and other services. Please call (781) 326-1650. For residents seeking a way to help seniors, the COA is asking that you check on your elderly neighbors by phone. For seniors, social isolation can be particularly detrimental to social and emotional health.
Public meetings are being postponed or held remotely. The state’s Open Meeting Law has been modified to enable local governments to carry out essential functions during the COVID-19 outbreak per the governor’s emergency order. Meetings will be posted on the Town calendar. The Town will be adopting strategies (mostly technology based) to maximize social distancing.
- The Town has adopted the online meeting tool BlueJeans to facilitate large virtual meetings and allow remote public participation.
- To join a public meeting remotely, please using the links or dial-in instructions published in the meeting’s agenda on the Town calendar.
- We will work with Dedham TV to maximize streaming of, and/or replay, of all public meetings that are held during this time.
Elections: Spring Annual Town Election and the Spring Annual Town Meeting will be postponed, upon approval by the State legislature, to a date to be determined.
Dedham Trails, tracks, and walking paths remain open. Town and school playgrounds are closed. Residents are cautioned to maintain a safe distance of at least six feet from others whenever possible. Visit for information on walking paths.
Alcoholics Anonymous: For residents in recovery, AA is hosting virtual meetings. Learn more here.
Town Hall Call Center
The Town Manager’s office will be operating a call center to assist Dedham residents and others as needed during this time.
Phone: (781) 751-9100
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.