- Guidance from the Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office
- Employee rights under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act – a poster all employers who fall within the purview of FFCRA are required to post in workplaces (or email to remote workers). The poster contains information about worker rights under the Act. Employers were required to post effective April 1.
- Disability Law Center – has resources for individuals with disabilities who need information about their rights during the pandemic.
- The Housing Court has suspended all non-emergency hearings until at least May 4, meaning there can be no evictions until that point.
- Eviction Information for Tenants
- Greater Boston Legal Services (GBLS) provided free civil (non-criminal) legal assistance to low income individuals and families.
- Resources for tenants during COVID-19 pandemic
- Recursos para Inquilinos de Massachusetts durante la pandemia de COVID-19
- Recursos da MHP para inquilinos de Massachusetts durante a pandemia COVID-19
Food Service & Restaurant Workers:
The Restaurant Strong Fund provides aid to restaurant workers impacted by the Covid-19 closures. Others can donate funds on the website.
Front Line Worker Resources:
Front Line Worker Resources – A directory of information for workers, including resources on health insurance, consumer protection, unfair debt collection, utilities shut-off protection, eviction, and federal stimulus funding.
Massachusetts Health Connector announced that uninsured residents can apply and get into coverage through May 25, 2020. You do not need a waiver from the Office of Patient Protection to enroll in coverage at this time.
Income Tax Deadlines Deferred:
- Filing and Payment Deadline Extended to July 15, 2020 – Updated Statement – Taxpayers with a federal filing or federal tax payment deadline between April 1, 2020 and July 15, 2020 have until July 15, 2020, to file or make a payment.
- Personal Income Tax Deadline Extended – Massachusetts personal income tax returns and payments that were due April 15, 2020, are not due until July 15, 2020.
- Comcast Internet Essentials is free to new customers for 60 days. Essentials is normally available to all qualified low-income households for $9.95/month.
- Comcast Xfinity WiFi Free For Everyone – WiFi hotspots around Dedham are available free to anyone for until mid-May.
- RCN’s Internet First Program – provides affordable access for families and students in low-income households.
- RCN Extends COVID-19 Response Policies to June 30 – Offering Free Connectivity, Deferred Payments, Internet First Program and More to Help Customers Amid COVID-19
One Tough Job connects parents with parenting information, ideas, and on-the-ground resources. Also provides connections to other moms and dads who have asked the same questions and faced similar challenges.
Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) will provide up to 39 weeks of unemployment benefits to individuals who are not working as a result of COVID-19 and are self-employed, independent contractors, gig economy workers, and others who otherwise would not qualify for regular unemployment compensation or extended benefits under state or federal law or Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation.
The estimated 400,000 undocumented immigrants who live and work in Massachusetts do not qualify for federal assistance or state unemployment benefits. MassUndocuFund was formed to support those victims of the COVID-19 crisis.
- Unemployment Benefits– Massachusetts is providing unemployment assistance to workers impacted by COVID-19 and has waived the one-week waiting period for unemployment benefits.
- Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) – is providing an additional $600 per week to individuals who are collecting regular unemployment compensation.
- Unemployment Insurance Benefits and Returning to Work, guidance and FAQs from the State Department of Unemployment Assistance.
- Eversource is providing several measures to assist its customers, including small businesses. The company is postponing customer disconnections for non-payment and assisting customers with financial programs to help pay their bills. Eversource is also providing extended payment arrangements for small business customers.
- Self Help, Inc. a nonprofit Community Action Agency (CAA) helps low-income families and individuals stabilize and secure their lives through a range of services including fuel and energy programs.